Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Elk take over Estes Park Golf Course

Weather is cloudy and cold today, rain moved in around noon and it has been raining off and on all afternoon. Its been awhile since we had weather like this, Colorado Springs was the last time. Not complaining, actually suprised we have not had much rain while in Colorado.

So since its raining and we are going to the grocery store I didnt check to see if my Nikon D90 was in the car. We drive by the golf course on the way to the grocery store and there is a herd of about 25 elk in the part of the golf course we can see near hole 8. So now I find that the Nikon isnt in the car so I had to resort to the Canon SD550, it takes good pictures, it just doesnt have the same zoom and resolution of the Nikon.

Apparently the Elk taking over the golf course is an annual event because all the tee and green areas were fenced off to keep the Elk off of them. This is the Elk rut season

http://www.estes-park.com/go/elkbugling.html

Here are some pix, I have better ones from Moraine Park that I need to post.

Tee fenced off




Bull decides to rest too, its a lot of work herding 25 cows and calves

No comments:

Post a Comment